Mechanical Speed Variator Gearbox WF17 FuBao is a new micro precision cycloid and circular gear reducer developed and manufactured by WEITENSTAN together with German and ZheJiang technicians for many years.
High precision miniature cycloidal reducer has the characteristics of smaller, ultra-thin, lightweight and high rigidity, anti-overload and high torque. With good deceleration performance, smooth operation and accurate positioning can be achieved. Integrated design, can be directly connected with the motor, to achieve high precision, high rigidity, high durability and other advantages. It is designed for high speed ratio, high geometric accuracy, low motion loss, large torque capacity and high stiffness applications. The compact design (minimum OD ≈40mm, currently the world’s smallest precision cycloidal pin-wheel reducer) allows it to be installed in limited Spaces.
Mechanical Speed Variator Gearbox WF17 FuBao advantages:
1. Fine precision cycloidal structure
Ultra flat shape is achieved through differential reduction mechanism and thin cross roller bearing, contributing to the compact size of the equipment. The combination of small size and unmatched superior parameters achieves the best combination of performance, price and size (high cost performance).
2. Excellent accuracy (transmission loss ≤1 arcmin)
Through the complex meshing of precision cycloid gear and high precision roller pin, higher transmission accuracy is achieved while maintaining small size and high speed ratio.
3. High rigidity
Increase the mesh rate to disperse the load, so the rigidity is high.
4. High overload capacity
It maintains trouble-free operation under abnormally low noise and vibration conditions while ensuring excellent overturning and torsional stiffness parameters. Integrated axial radial cross roller bearings, high load capacity and overload capacity of the reducer, can ensure users to provide a variety of temperature range of applications.
5. The motor installation is simple
Electromechanical integration design, can be directly connected with the motor, any brand of motor can be installed directly, without adding any device.
6. Maintenance free
Seal grease to achieve maintenance free. No refueling, no mounting direction restrictions.
7. Stable performance
The manufacturing process of high wear-resistant materials and high precision parts has been certified by ISO9000 quality system, which guarantees the reliable operation of the reducer.
High Precision Miniature Reducer
WF series is a high precision micro cycloidal reducer with flange, which has a wide range of applications. This series of reducers includes precise reduction mechanisms and radial – axial roller bearings. The unique design allows load to act directly on the output flange or housing without additional bearings. WF series reducer is characterized by module design, can be installed through the flange motor and reducer, belongs to the motor directly connected reducer.
High Precision Miniature Reducer
WFH series is a hollow form of high precision miniature cycloidal reducer, wire, compressed air pipeline, drive shaft can be through the hollow shaft, non-motor direct connection type reducer. The WFH series is fully sealed, full of grease and includes precise deceleration mechanism and radial – axial roller bearings. The unique design allows load to be acted directly on the output flange or housing without additional bearings.
|Rated output moment
|Allowable torque of start and stop
|Instantaneous allowable moment
|Rated input speed
|Maximum input speed
|No-load starting torque
|Moment of inertia
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated
|Motor, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery, Mechanical Equipment
|Distribution Power, Change Drive Torque, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction, Speed Increase
What maintenance practices are crucial for prolonging the lifespan of variator gearboxes?
Proper maintenance practices are essential for prolonging the lifespan of variator gearboxes and ensuring their optimal performance. By following these crucial maintenance practices, you can maximize the longevity of variator gearboxes:
- Regular Inspections: Conduct regular inspections of the variator gearbox to identify any signs of wear, damage, or abnormal conditions. Inspect the gearbox for leaks, unusual noises, vibrations, and any visible signs of damage or misalignment. Regular inspections help in detecting potential issues early on, allowing for timely maintenance and preventing further damage.
- Proper Lubrication: Ensure proper lubrication of the variator gearbox components. Lubricants reduce friction, wear, and heat generation, thereby extending the lifespan of the gearbox. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for lubricant type, quantity, and change intervals. Regularly check the lubricant levels and top-up or replace the lubricant as needed. Proper lubrication is crucial for smooth operation and preventing premature failures.
- Cleaning: Keep the variator gearbox clean and free from dirt, dust, and debris. Regularly clean the exterior of the gearbox using appropriate cleaning methods and materials. Avoid introducing contaminants into the gearbox during cleaning or maintenance procedures. Cleanliness helps in preventing abrasive particles from entering the gearbox and causing damage to the internal components.
- Torque and Tension Checks: Periodically check the torque and tension of fasteners, belts, or chains associated with the variator gearbox. Ensure that they are properly tightened and tensioned according to the manufacturer’s specifications. Loose fasteners or improper belt/chain tension can lead to excessive vibrations, misalignment, and premature wear of gearbox components.
- Alignment: Verify the alignment of the variator gearbox with the connected equipment or shafts. Misalignment can cause increased stress on the gearbox components, leading to accelerated wear and reduced lifespan. Use appropriate alignment tools and techniques to ensure proper alignment, minimizing excessive loads and improving the longevity of the gearbox.
- Temperature Monitoring: Monitor the temperature of the variator gearbox during operation. Excessive heat can indicate issues such as inadequate lubrication, overloading, or improper ventilation. Regularly check the temperature using temperature sensors or thermal imaging techniques. Address any temperature abnormalities promptly to prevent potential damage to the gearbox.
- Condition Monitoring: Implement condition monitoring techniques to assess the health of the variator gearbox. This can include vibration analysis, oil analysis, or other predictive maintenance methods. By monitoring key parameters, such as vibration levels or oil characteristics, potential issues can be detected early, and appropriate maintenance actions can be taken to prevent major failures.
- Training and Documentation: Ensure that maintenance personnel receive proper training on variator gearbox maintenance practices. Familiarize them with the specific procedures, safety guidelines, and recommended maintenance intervals provided by the gearbox manufacturer. Maintain detailed documentation of maintenance activities, including inspections, lubricant changes, repairs, and any abnormalities observed. This documentation helps in tracking maintenance history and identifying recurring issues.
- Manufacturer Guidelines: Always follow the maintenance guidelines provided by the variator gearbox manufacturer. These guidelines may include specific maintenance intervals, recommended spare parts, and detailed instructions for various maintenance tasks. Adhering to the manufacturer’s guidelines ensures that maintenance practices align with the gearbox’s design and specifications.
By implementing these crucial maintenance practices, you can significantly prolong the lifespan of variator gearboxes, minimize downtime, and optimize their performance throughout their operational life.
How do manufacturers ensure the durability of variator gearboxes in industrial environments?
Manufacturers employ various strategies and techniques to ensure the durability of variator gearboxes in industrial environments. These measures are implemented during the design, construction, and testing stages to enhance the gearbox’s ability to withstand the harsh conditions and rigorous demands of industrial applications. Here’s how manufacturers ensure the durability of variator gearboxes:
Manufacturers use robust and durable materials for constructing variator gearboxes. High-quality metals, such as steel or cast iron, are commonly used for gearbox housings and essential components. These materials possess excellent strength, wear resistance, and thermal stability, enabling the gearbox to withstand heavy loads, vibrations, and temperature variations typically encountered in industrial environments.
Enhanced Gear Design:
The gear design of variator gearboxes is optimized for durability. Manufacturers carefully select gear materials, tooth profiles, and surface treatments to minimize wear, improve load distribution, and enhance the gearbox’s ability to handle torque and shock loads. Advanced manufacturing techniques, such as precision machining and heat treatment processes, are employed to ensure the gears have the required hardness, toughness, and dimensional accuracy for long-lasting performance.
Sealing and Protection:
Variator gearboxes are equipped with effective sealing systems to prevent the ingress of contaminants, such as dust, dirt, and moisture, into the gearbox. Seals, gaskets, and O-rings are used to create a barrier that protects internal components from environmental elements. Additionally, manufacturers often incorporate protective measures, such as breather vents or pressure relief valves, to maintain an appropriate internal pressure and prevent the buildup of excessive heat or pressure that could compromise the gearbox’s durability.
Proper lubrication is critical for the durability of variator gearboxes. Manufacturers ensure that the gearbox is designed with efficient lubrication systems that provide adequate lubricant flow to all critical components. This lubrication helps reduce friction, dissipate heat, and prevent excessive wear and corrosion. Manufacturers may also specify the use of specific lubricants that are suitable for the operating conditions and requirements of the variator gearbox, further enhancing its durability.
Thorough Testing and Quality Control:
Manufacturers subject variator gearboxes to rigorous testing procedures to validate their durability in industrial environments. These tests may include load testing, endurance testing, temperature cycling, and performance verification. Through comprehensive testing, manufacturers can identify potential weaknesses or design flaws and make necessary improvements to ensure the gearbox’s durability. Additionally, stringent quality control measures are implemented throughout the manufacturing process to maintain consistency and reliability in the production of variator gearboxes.
Compliance with Standards and Regulations:
Manufacturers adhere to industry standards and regulations to ensure the durability and safety of variator gearboxes. Compliance with standards, such as ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and specific industry guidelines, helps manufacturers design and manufacture gearboxes that meet or exceed the required performance and durability criteria. This ensures that the variator gearboxes are suitable for use in industrial environments and can withstand the demanding operating conditions they may encounter.
By employing rugged construction, enhanced gear design, sealing and protection measures, effective lubrication systems, thorough testing and quality control, and compliance with standards and regulations, manufacturers ensure the durability of variator gearboxes in industrial environments. These measures contribute to the reliability, longevity, and performance of variator gearboxes, making them well-suited for demanding industrial applications.
What is a variator gearbox and how does it work in mechanical systems?
A variator gearbox, also known as a variable speed transmission, is a type of gearbox that allows for continuous and stepless variation of the output speed within a certain range. It is commonly used in mechanical systems where the output speed needs to be adjusted dynamically without fixed gear ratios. The variator gearbox achieves this by employing specific mechanisms such as belts, chains, or cones.
One common type of variator gearbox is the belt-and-pulley system. It consists of two variable-diameter pulleys connected by a belt. These pulleys can change their effective diameter by adjusting their position. The input pulley is connected to the power source, such as an engine or motor, while the output pulley is connected to the load. By varying the diameters of the pulleys, the speed ratio between the input and output can be continuously adjusted, allowing for a wide range of output speeds.
The variator gearbox works based on the principle of changing the effective radius of the pulleys. When the input pulley diameter increases or the output pulley diameter decreases, the belt is forced to ride higher on the pulley, resulting in a larger effective radius. This causes the output speed to decrease relative to the input speed. Conversely, when the input pulley diameter decreases or the output pulley diameter increases, the belt rides lower on the pulley, leading to a smaller effective radius and an increase in the output speed.
The variator gearbox can be controlled manually or automatically, depending on the application. In manual systems, the adjustment of the pulley diameters is done by the operator using mechanical or hydraulic mechanisms. In automatic systems, the adjustment is typically controlled by a computer or an electronic control unit (ECU) based on various parameters such as speed, load, or user inputs.
One of the key advantages of variator gearboxes is the ability to achieve smooth and stepless speed variation. Unlike traditional gearboxes with fixed gear ratios, variator gearboxes offer infinite possibilities for adjusting the output speed. This flexibility is particularly beneficial in applications where precise control of speed is required, such as in vehicles, industrial machinery, and power transmission systems.
However, it’s important to note that variator gearboxes may have limitations in terms of torque capacity and efficiency compared to traditional fixed-ratio gearboxes. The power transmission efficiency of variator gearboxes can vary depending on the specific design and operating conditions.
In summary, a variator gearbox is a type of gearbox that allows for continuous and stepless variation of the output speed. It uses mechanisms such as belts, chains, or cones to adjust the effective diameter of the pulleys, enabling dynamic speed control in mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-09-05